A Warming and Fortifying Age-Old Remedy.
Pyewacket's Traditional Fire Cider is a traditional winter tonic of ginger, turmeric, horseradish, garlic, chillies, aromatic herbs and citrus with raw honey. Adapted from the traditional "Four Thieves Vinegar" which, so the story goes, was used during the Great Plague by grave robbers to protect themselves from the disease. Upon their capture, they traded the recipe for their freedom, and it was written on the wall of the town hall of Marseille for everyone to see. Since then there have been many variations over the centuries. The term Fire Cider was coined by American herbalist Rosemary Gladstar in the 1970s. It has become a rich tradition in Western Herbal medicine and is considered a functional food.
Deliciously warming, sweet and savoury, this umami, golden tonic takes your honey, lemon & ginger game to the next level. Fire Cider is hand made in small, slow brewed batches with only premium ingredients for maximum punch.
- Fresh organic turmeric and ginger root for anti-inflammatory action
- Fresh raw organic garlic for immune support
- Raw organic apple cider vinegar with the mother is probiotic and supports digestion.
- Rosehips, thyme, horseradish, and onion benefit the respiratory system
- Raw honey sourced from our very own hives soothes and uplifts
- Take on the first sign of cold or flu to stimulate circulation and provide a rich dose of wholefood vitamin C
To start your morning or as a nightcap - it will warm your bones and melt your heart.
15-30ml can be taken straight like a shot or sipped in a cup of hot water 1-3 times per day!