Seedy Goji Berry Slices
Vegan, nut free, GF
These nut free slices are so tasty and wholesome at the same time. Packed full of powerful vitamin C thanks to the humble goji berry, which by the way, are also a great source of antioxidants which help reduce free radical damage, boost the immune system and reduce inflammation. These berries also contain over 20 trace minerals including iron, selenium, manganese and magnesium. Goji berries really are a superfood and are easy to add into our diets to reap their many benefits.
1 cup goji berries
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 ½ cups desiccated coconut
½ cup hemp seeds
1 cup shredded coconut
½ cup pepitas
1 Tbs chia seeds
6 Tbs coconut nectar
100g cacao butter
3 Tbs cacao powder
- Lightly toast sunflower seeds, set aside to cool.
- Lightly toast pepita seeds, set aside to cool. Once cooled, chop pepitas roughly.
- Soak goji berries in warm water for 10min. Drain and set aside.
- Blend cooled sunflower seeds and desiccated coconut on high speed until well combined.
- Add softened goji berries, chia seeds and 3 Tbs maple syrup to blender and blitz on high until resembling a dough. Mixture should be sticky but not too wet. If it’s too wet, add some more desiccated coconut and blend together until you reach a dough like consistency.
- Put mixture into a bowl, stirring in cooled pepitas, hemp seeds and shredded coconut.
- Press mixture into a lined slice tray.
- Put a cup of water in a small saucepan and place a bowl that fits over the saucepan and heat on a medium flame.
- Once water is boiling, turn down heat. Add cacao butter, cacao powder and 3 Tbs of maple syrup to the bowl.
- Gentle whisk together as the cacao butter melts. Add more maple to taste if not sweet enough.
- Once melted and combined, pour chocolate mix over the slice, sprinkle with extra hemp seeds and set in fridge
- Cut into slices once fully set. Keeps in fridge for a few weeks.
If wanting to add to a lunchbox and not living in a cold climate, freeze overnight and put frozen slice into lunchbox. Should be thawed and ready to eat by recess!